Summit Financial Group, LLC – a wealth management firm with over $2 billion of assets under management* in San Ramon, CA – seeks a dedicated and accomplished individual to be our Director of Advisor Development. You will serve as a trusted partner to our group of talented and successful Financial Advisors. Your role will ultimately impact the lives of the hundreds of individuals, families, and business owners Summit serves.
Our advisors care deeply about clients and are committed to helping them identify and achieve their financial goals. The Director of Development will be their most important resource as they work to achieve their practice goals and serve clients at a high level. We are looking for an experienced motivator who can equally coach, guide, or cheerlead as necessary to help our advisors remain at the top of their game. You will work closely with our 14 advisory practices to shape, shepherd, and scale their practices while embodying our values and supporting firm growth.
• Creation of practice goals and business plans and track and support progress
• Development and implementation of best practices, processes, and dashboards to most effectively keep our advisors client-focused while supporting their growth
• Provide a bridge between advisor goals and marketing. Elevate advisor marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to enhance growth. Coordinate with the marketing department to support advisor efforts
• Oversee and guide advisor education: develop professional education goals, host standing weekly advisor meetings, and coordinate with firm resources to ensure advisors are up to date on current events, product/industry knowledge, and advisory skills
• Champion recognition programs and compensation opportunities for our advisors
• Coordinate bi-annual advisor off-sites including themes, content, and speakers
• Partner closely with firm leadership to support process improvement, growth initiatives, and deployment of firm resources
• Support advisor recruiting efforts through networking and outreach
• Onboard and train new advisors
• Demonstrated leadership experience growing and motivating individual producers and teams
• Passion for helping others and an abundance mindset
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field
• Financial Services Industry experience preferred
• Commitment to learning and industry licensing and professional designations a plus, or a history of professional education with a willingness to pursue industry licenses/designations in this role
• You thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting work environment
Why Summit Financial Group, LLC?
Our purpose is to enrich the lives of our clients, our team, and our community. At our core we are team players who strive for growth, care about people, and always strive to do the right thing. Summit has never hired an advisor that failed in the business, and that is because we only add advisors to our team when we can support their growth. That track record is a testament to the advisors at Summit who are both dedicated to their craft and serious about investing in their teammates. If this excites and inspires you, join us—Summit might be the perfect fit for you.
*As of February 2021. TR# 4756707 DOFU 5/22